The Zimbabwe Republic Police has reported that six people died on the spot in a fatal road accident that happened along the Harare-Bulawayo highway. Pindula News present a statement issued by national police spokesperson, assistant commissioner Paul Nyathi.
FATAL ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AT 19 KM PEG ALONG HARARE-BULAWAYO ROAD
The Zimbabwe Republic Police is saddened with the continued loss of lives on the country’s roads. Speeding, overtaking errors and overloading of vehicles are the major cause of most of these accidents.
On 27th June 2021, six (06) people died on the spot while three (03) others were injured at the 19km peg along Harare-Bulawayo Road, after Whitehouse before Somerby, after a motorist driving a Nissan Navara vehicle, towards Harare, with one passenger aboard, lost control of the vehicle and encroached onto the oncoming lane before colliding head-on with a Honda fit vehicle which was travelling towards Bulawayo, with seven occupants.
The victims were identified as follows:-
- Victor Batanai BHOBHI a male adult aged 39 years of house number 5733 Nhowe Norton,
- Stanley NYANGORE a male adult aged 47 years of Norton.
- Aaron MIDIYA a male adult aged 27 of Norton.
- Charles DZIKISA a male adult aged 50 years of 0325 Garikai Norton.
- Memory MUTERO female adult aged 24 years of Norton. Next of kin is yet to be advised.
- Beauty KANGAUVARI a female adult aged 20 years of Nhowe phase 2 Norton.
Meanwhile, the injured were taken to Parirenyatwa Hospital where they are receiving treatment while bodies of the deceased are at the same institution awaiting post mortem.
Drivers are urged to be safety conscious and exhibit exemplary driving conduct on the roads to safeguard lives.