Guard mistakenly shoots colleagues after thinking he was an intruder. The injured guards are admitted to Shamva Hospital where they are receiving treatment for their wounds .
Two security guards at Vibranium Mine in Shamva were critically injured after they were shot by a colleague in a suspected case of mistaken identity. The assailant, Garikai Chakaipa (55) allegedly shot his colleagues who were on patrol at the other end of the mine.
The incident occurred on 17 January this month while the trio was on duty. It is alleged that Chakaipa, who was armed with a shotgun and operating at a different site, randomly fired at his colleagues, suspecting that they were intruders.
Chakaipa was arrested and has since appeared at Bindura Magistrate Courts facing charges of attempted murder. He has been remanded in custody to the 30th of this month for trial.
- Mamombe out on $20,000 bail
- New Twist To ZIFA President Felton Kamambo’s Trial As Police Arrests Key Witness At Court
- RBZ Forex Auction: Zimbabwe Dollar Drops Against USD
- FBC Bank In Bribery Storm Involving High Court Judge
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update – 04 May 2021