A woman who made headlines after she reportedly stabbed a 13-year-old boy avenging the beating of her minor son, last month, has been acquitted of attempted murder charges.
New Zimbabwe reports that the magistrate averred the juvenile exhibited traits of a bully
The incident which left the boy hospitalized drew a lot of public interest
The assailant, Monalisa Choguya (33) who resides in Mpata Single Quarters area was Friday freed by Magistrate Ignatius Mugove.
The teenager was accusing her son of trespassing into his family’s yard.
She was acquitted at the close of the state case.
The state, represented by Nyasha Sibesha called two witnesses whose evidence showed that the boy Tonderai Kamhuka was the aggressor.
It was heard the victim actually stormed Choguya’s residence to attack her prompting her to stab him with a knife in self defence.
Asked by defence lawyer Fortune Murisi why he decided to use a twig to assault the accused, who is much older than him and in-fact a mother figure, the teen stunned the court saying he was capable of inflicting grievous harm had he used his hands.
The boy, a Grade Six school dropout, alleged Choguya was frail and weaker compared to him.
The court heard Tonderai used a knife to trim a branch off a lemon tree which he used as a switch to repeatedly flog Choguya, who retreated into her house.
An enraged Choguya armed herself with a knife before attacking Tonderai in a scuffle which also saw her sustaining cuts and bruises on her hands.
- Who is Juzu?Monalisa Henrietta C Zulu popularly known as Njuzu on her social media accounts is a Zimbabwean socialite, commercial and promotional model based […]
- Njuzu’s Second Explicit Video LeaksIt keeps getting hot in here as another video of Monalisa Zulu affectionately known as Njuzu has leaked again. This time around […]
- “Kill Me Already,” – Killer Zivhu As His Benz Is TorchedFormer ZANU PF legislator for Chivi South, Killer Zivhu, has told an unknown audience to “kill me already” after his car was […]
- Health Expert Warns Of Looming ‘Massive, Catastrophic’ Third WaveHEALTH expert Solwayo Ngwenya cautions that schools, which opened some two months ago for 2021, are now super spreaders for new Covid-19 […]
- Stakeholders call for Zumbani researchStakeholders call for Zumbani research. This comes as some of Manicaland’s biggest institutions are conducting research for the purposes of producing tea […]